Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Talk about your plenty

This summer is just going too fast for me. Case in point: I have to go back to work in exactly three weeks. What? What happened to all my summer projects? All the blogging? All the organizing things so that life will be so much easier when we go back to school? All the lazing about on the beach, reading trashy Swedish novels and drinking Coronas? At least I got SOMEthing accomplished. Okay, so I did some gardening and harvesting and cooking, too. But this whole summer seemed like a hot, sweaty race against time. Quick! Eat the lettuce before it bolts! Pick the green beans before they get tough and stringy! Turn on the irrigation before everything dies! Even our summer squash isn't doing well, as if it's too hot. For summer squash? And yet, there it sits, stunted and dying on the vine.
Luckily, at Camp RunAmok, we can repurpose our gone-by veggies. Piggies just love anything that vaguely resembles foodstuffs.

And I love to watch them grunt and root and munch.

No comments: