Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sunflowers


I need a new camera. Seriously. Is this the best I can do? I play with the settings and try and try and try, and then end up with nuttin'. Whatever. The point here is to document my thrilling farm life, not to post amazing pictures. So here I am, showing you the kids' beautiful sunflowers that are so much more beautiful in person (in flower?) than they appear in this picture. Until they start to die.

And then your kids start nagging you about how maybe you should have just left them in the garden, where they belong, rather than picking them and MAKING THEM DIE. 'Cause you really shouldn't pick flowers that don't belong to you, Mom.
Where did they learn to nag like that? Oh, right...
Anyway, I'm hoping to inspire them to enter some in the Fair, because they are just lovely. But in the meantime, can someone tell me why dying sunflowers smell like pee? 'Cause damn.

No comments: